Sunday, October 17, 2010

the second week...

of work was a little more intensive, but still I would be team teaching classes with another teacher and I was not as nervous. For a while I felt like I was being watched everywhere I go, and that's normal because I was the new teacher that came when school has already started for a month. And I do not look like a teacher, you know that. ;p

I prepared class materials couple times, help correct students' homework...and continued to fight with the internet. (repairing is the correct Window phrase. How I wish I am a Mac). It always cut me off when I am too fast and furious. Literally.

The work is not difficult , but it requires a huge amount of patient and energy that I am learning to have for the high school students. And the first week of work, I worked for 7 days non-stop because the school was having an open campus on Sunday for interested parents and students to visit.

I was able to get to work and home on time, learned to go to places for my bento (lunch box), got my prepaid Japanese cell phone from Softbank, got my foreigner ID and insurance set up, and learned what's like to be in high school again.

But most importantly to learn to speak in English 24/7 again.

For 4 months, I was at home comfortably just hanging out, later anxious and frustrated hoping to start working asap. Looking back I had too much fun playing, did not have a healthy sleeping schedule and spoke too little English.

But I look very genki (healthy/happy)

So the first week here I was trying to cook, eat, and go to bed on time. AND learned to walk in high heels, and eventually stopped wearing the ones that gave my feet bloody blisters. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Lisa anytime you want to practice your english feel free to call me up. Also Are the kids nice to you are you making work buddies and friends.

Polly said...

you do look very genki to me! I wish your internet didn't give you so much trouble. Thanks for posting, it is nice to know what is going on.