Monday, October 18, 2010

A week after I left home,

mom came to visit. She told me because each time we talked on the phone, she felt my voice was less genki than the day before and to the point that she was worried about the living situation. "I found cheap tickets." she said. <3 

She stayed at my apartment for a week and helped me moved in (with new frying pan, cooker, hangers, food,  and LOTS of cleaning supplies and a suitcase full of winter clothes that I couldn't bring with because of the limit with my air ticket.)

Mom, Hannah and I tried to go out as much as we could after work, but mostly we were trying to clean the apartment. It is a nice and spacious apartment, however because my arrival was postponed...during the hot summer days, many big but thin, long legs spiders came to live in my closet. And hid under the drawers.

I did not touch any of the closets the first week because I was too tired and didn't have time or mainly the motivation to do it... When mom and I have pull all the drawers out and after she had killed 10+ spiders while I was at work, there was 10+ more spiders waiting for us to vacuum. (I am starting to itch as I type this.)

Mom bought me a small vacuum to get the dirty job done, we got wipes for the tatami mats, did hardcore cleaning that week. I didn't remember having many hours of sleep. But it's all clean now...thanks to Mom!


dinner with co-workers, vice principal & his wife

3 comments:

Polly said...

Thanks for all the posts!! I can't believe how long your hair looks! It makes you look really grown up, mature and beautiful! I'm so glad your mom came and helped you get settled. Do you have spider traps? Sticky pads that spiders get stuck on? Are the spiders dangerous? Do you live all alone? I love you!

Mary said...

I would have called a random stranger and been like I will give you a dollar for every spider you kill...because I do not nor will I ever like spiders. They are gross. I am sorry the summer days brought them be safe!!

MARCIE said...

Mom to the rescue! How nice that she could help you move in. Love to you both!