Sunday, October 17, 2010

i was losing it

when I was at the all staff work meeting last Friday. It was all in Japanese for two hours and I got really uncomfortable and wanted to cry.

I tend to feel like that when I am very exhausted. So it wasn't anyone's fault, it was all me..

I knew it wasn't about the language too, because it is not the first time for me to be in a meeting like that. On the first day of work, other than I was being introduced in front of 70, 80 teachers that morning, I did about the same thing - I sat there trying to guess what was going on. It was a shorter one, but that Monday morning I was very excited and didn't feel dizzy at all.

Last Friday was my three-week mark. I was very exhausted and have been having too little sleep or food to be honest.

My first week of work has an easy schedule, I went around to meet teachers and tried to remember kids' name when they are being introduced to the new Risa Sensei (teacher). I fought with the wireless at school and in the apartment. My dell was not picking up any signals while my co-workers with light and pretty Fujitsu laptops were just cruising away on the internet anywhere at school.

I somehow found a hot spot near the window in my tatami bedroom. But because I sat there with a bad posture and blood circulation, and constantly being freaked out by the gecko outside my window... going on to the internet wasn't really a fun experience anymore.

1 comment:

Polly said...

That reminds me of when we were at HK Disney Land and we went on a little boat and the guide was speaking Mandarin and Becky and I had no clue what was going on. Everyone was looking in the water and screaming and falling on each other and we just screamed too, not knowing what was going to happen. It was fun though and not stressful because it wasn't a job and we didn't have to know what was going on. It will get easier and better, your doing great!!