Sunday, December 12, 2010

treasure map


it is very easy to get lost on the internet. for me. also to lose track of time. but i'm getting better at walking away from the computer. because my wireless is not the best and I get frustrated.
but whether i am on flickr, tumblr, facebook, google, or imdb.com....it is too easy. i would open one link after another link, so it's not unusual that i found myself opening 12 taps in a window, like now.
i am grateful for the internet, my laptop, and my camera (and many other things), but because sometimes i want to be efficient and do things very quickly. it might have been too much for my internet. but my computer has been very helpful and patient with me.
anyways, getting lost on the internet, and finding different things about, for example a movie, or a photographer is fun. finding what kind projects they have done or what kind of quotes they had were interesting...these kind of findings are like a mini research project for myself.
the story of me finding my new favorite female photographer (after mika ninagawa) was that i found her photo book at a coffeeshop. i went online afterwards and googled her. and found out she has a sponsored blog with canon japan, and kept this blog with beautiful pictures.
i love that she wrote so much and i have so much details and information i can learn about her, and perhaps stories behind the pictures.
according to wikipedia, she has photographed for Uniqlo, McDonald's, was the cinematographer two movies.   
all photos by ichihashi orie 市橋おりえ

No comments: