Wednesday, September 22, 2010

today is kind of like thanksgiving




plus fourth of July and maybe a little Halloween combined in one day hong kong style. It's not the perfect example but that's how I felt when I was on the bus back home. 

You might have heard my plans for Tokyo/Okinawa have been delayed well over a month and I was bummed because it took so long to get it all figured out. But I would like to think that whole waiting time was a blessing in disguise. If I left last month I would not get to spent my birthday and this year's Mid-Autumn Festival aka the moon festival at home! Kids go out today with pretty lanterns after dinner while giant "flower lanterns" are also set up in different parks. 

I shall be back with some pictures later!

p.s. Of course instead of turkey, I had a moon cake yesterday. 
p.p.s. Uncle Matt once told me if he became the President of HK one day, he will make HK celebrate Thanksgiving by the way.  

2 comments:

Polly said...

Uncle Matt thinks he deserves to be the president of something.
Good luck with that.
I'm glad you got to be home for the moon Festival, first time in 5 years! Wow! Time has flown by, I am glad you get to go to Japan finally. Love you

Becky Pitcher said...

Yay! I was hoping this would be a post about Japan, but this is good too! I happy you are so happy and I TOTALLY WANT to come to the moon festival.