Friday, March 26, 2010

i'm glad i met you, camera.

you make me a better. braver person.

I can't say I am good at this, but definitely I am getting along well with my camera .

It must be because of the internship, I get to use my camera almost weekly, if not every other day. Just yesterday, I went into the backstage of a play the arts programming csb|sju is having these two weeks --- Macbeth.

It was an experience I looked forward to almost all semester. I knew the pictures from the play would help my portfolio and the project I am working on. It's something I didn't want to miss.
For couple months now I emailed the actor who is playing Macbeth on and off. I emailed him again last week asking about rehearsals. He told me, "since the play already opened, we don't do rehearsals anymore."
Ok.
So I contacted the stage manager last week and  the assistant director as soon as I could.
No response.
Finally I emailed the director and she suggested me visiting the crew on Thursday.
I couldn't go on Thursday
So I went in and tried to find the dressing room anyways last night. Just me and my camera. First thing as I opened the door, I got questioned by one of the casts if I was from the Record. 
 "No, but your director knows I am coming." 
She was Lady Macbeth later I found out. 
"Well, you better find her first."
I tried to find the director, but no luck, she wasn't in her office.
I stood at the hallway for couple minutes and went inside .

"Do you mind if I take you guys pictures?"

"No!" "Not at all" "Go ahead!"
"Sure, I guess." Lady Macbeth said. 
I'm just happy I went in and didn't let Lady Macbeth stop me.

2 comments:

Mary said...

you are amazing me dear sister, way to stick it to lady macbeth, she has been evil for centuries now : )

Polly said...

You are very brave, you need to be assertive to be a photographer!