Thursday, October 22, 2009

black and white


The Philadelphia story

This semester I am taking Film Studies which I absolutely love!! I didn't know what to expect at the beginning of the semester, but now in October, I already watched 8 movies every Tuesday in our lab. They are all from 1930s-1940s. And they are in this genre called "Remarriage Comedy". They are very funny and I love black and white!!

It happened One Night

And I am very impressed with the actors and actresses' profile pictures. Very classy. My favorite so far, I would say will be It Happened One Night, Adam's Rib, and The Philadelphia Story! Cary Grant is so charming!

Cary Grant

Katharine Hepburn

{Look at her poses~!!
}

Irene Dunne

4 comments:

Mary said...

Lisa how about over christmas we watch some you like it will be fun : ) but only you can pick not becky her movies are weird. yours look cute

Polly said...

Katherine Hepburn is delightful. I like Cary Grant too. But you are getting off task. Try to focus on wedding pictures! :)

Becky Pitcher said...

oooh, I LOVE Jimmy Stewart. He's the man in the first two pictures.
I completely adore him.

travis pitcher said...

Lisa, I disagree with Mary, Becky has good taste, but obviously, so do you. Try some of the films from the even earlier period of the 1920's. This was the high point of silent film (sound came in about 1928) and the photography and stories are marvelous. They have great stories and more movement than the later sound films. It really isn't until the 1950's that they really get the camera moving around for remarkable cimematography. I watched "It" (1927) yesterday and it was SO good. Mary, even you and Becky would like it.